If you have limited mobility and/or a handicapped permit, we recommend reading this information before your arrival to campus:
Closest Handicapped Parking
- Park in one of the handicapped parking spaces near Hipp Hall (see map).
- Enter the lower level of Hipp Hall through the door (to the right of the handicapped parking spaces) and follow the hallway to the end to reach the elevator.
- Take the elevator to the 1st floor.
- Exit the elevator and to your immediate right is an exit from the building.
- Once outside, the Duke Library will be the building directly in front of you.
Borrow the Mobility Scooter
If you parked in one of the Chapel Lots, the Chapel has a single-seat electric mobility scooter available for loan.
- This is a free service offered to students, faculty, staff, and visitors with a permanent or temporary mobility impairment.
- Please call 864-294-2133 to make a reservation or check availability.
- Please enter the lower level of the Chapel to borrow the scooter.
- You must sign the release of liability.
- A photocopy of borrower’s driver’s license will be made and kept in an electronic file.
- There is no time limit for use, but the scooter must be returned by 4:00pm during regular business hours.
Ride the Furman Shuttle
NOTE: The Furman Shuttle does not run in the summer
If you parked in the Chapel Lots, you may catch a ride on the SafeRide shuttle:
- The shuttle runs from 7:30am - 11:30am, 1:30pm - 4:30pm, and 7:00pm - 1:00am
- While in service, the shuttle makes stops every 15 minutes at the following locations: The Chapel, the Physical Activity Center (PAC), the Duke Library, the Dining Hall, and Building J of North Village.
- If you need to know the location of the Furman shuttle, call them at: 863-772-0007 or download the LiveSafe app
- Call the Furman Office of Public Safety with questions: 864-294-2111