Agnes (Bolding) Lesley and her older brother Leland L. Bolding (1895-1915) were the children of Rev. and Mrs. Elford M. Bolding, born in Hurricane Township, Pickens County, South Carolina. Leland graduated from Six Mile Baptist Academy in 1914 and was planning to enter college in the fall of 1915 when he passed away on May 16, 1915.
Agnes and her older siblings Leland and Irene attended the Six Mile Baptist Academy, which opened its doors on October 4, 1910. The Mountain Schools System of the Home Missions Board of the Southern Baptist Convention established Six Mile Baptist Academy. The academy was open from 1910 to 1927 and then the administration building and classrooms were used as a high school. From 1914 to 1955, there were 41 graduating classes. The high school consolidated with Clemson Central to form D.W. Daniel High School beginning in 1956.