The ILL/Document Delivery Department will do our best to acquire any type of material needed including media (videos, film, sound recordings), microfilm, and sheet music in addition to books, journal articles, and dissertations.
- There is no charge for standard ILL/Document Delivery service.
- ILL should not be used as a substitute for purchasing textbooks (loan periods are typically 2 - 4 weeks; not an entire term).
- Since the library's relationship with other lending institutions is negatively affected when items are delinquent, all patrons (including faculty) are charged $1 per day per item for any ILL items that are not returned or renewed by the due date. Once an item has been returned, any overdue charges will be calculated and added to the patron's library account. Patrons will receive a notice stating the amount of overdue charges accrued for each overdue item.
- Patrons are responsible for noting due dates. Renewals are granted at the discretion of the lending library.
- Patrons are responsible for items lost or damaged while in their possession. The lending library usually bills for the replacement cost of the item plus processing fees. Payment of lost item charges does not transfer ownership of the item to the patron. Fines accrue at the rate of $1.00 per day, and may be paid at the Library Circulation Desk.
- In order to ensure equitable service, the ILL/Document Delivery Department reserves the right to process no more than 10 requests per person per day.