Furman lends to all library types
In accordance with standard interlibrary loan practices, we do not accept requests from individuals. Individuals should contact their local public or academic library to initiate a request.
We accept requests from all institution types via:
Institutions that would like to borrow materials from Furman but do not use OCLC should contact us directly to set up an ILLiad account. Each institution is assigned a unique username and password which enables your requests to route directly to our processing queue.
If you already have a username and password, login to your ILLiad lending account.
- 2-month lending period, with one 1-month renewal permitted. Please submit your request for a renewal via OCLC or through your ILLiad account.
- All items are subject to recall
- We lend most item-types from our collections, including Microfilm, and A/V from our General Collection & Music Library on a case by case basis.
- We lend Special Collections & Archives items, usually microfilm, on a case by case basis.
- We fill requests for articles from our print collections. We provide electronic copies in accordance with individual agreements.
- Copies / Loans - We are a free lender. We do not charge for interlibrary loan.
- Copies - Odyssey, PDF email attachment, fax & US Mail
- Loans - US Mail
- You may return our materials via USPS Library Rate, FedEx/UPS.
Lost or Damaged Materials
- We will bill your institution for lost and/or damaged items.