Charles Hallette Judson, ca. 1850
Charles Hallette Judson Papers, 1830-1933, bulk 1855 to 1892
Charles H. Judson Furmaniana file
“Charles H. Judson Scrapbook,” Furmaniana oversize box
Charles Hallette Judson, (1820-1907) L.L.D., was the first professor to be elected to the new Furman University faculty in 1852. He devoted 54 years to Furman University, serving as dean, professor of math 1851-1907, university treasurer 1855-1894, trustee 1857-1897, president of the Greenville Baptist Female College 1864-1878, and interim president of Furman 1902-1903.
The Alumni Hall built in 1900 on the downtown campus was named the Judson Alumni Hall in honor of Charles H. Judson.
Judson Hall on the current campus was built in 1961 and remodeled in 2012. The residence hall is named after Charles and Mary Judson. The hall is among seven residence halls that make up the Clark Murphy Complex, which features some of the best views of Furman Lake.