Andrew Philip Montague, 1901 Bonhomie yearbook
Montague Village was built as married student housing in 1958. It was named for Andrew Philip Montague, Furman's third president. Due to a shortage of housing for single students, no more married students were allowed to live in Montague Village beginning the fall of 1961. Montague Village served as university housing until 2001 when it went under a renovation and was renamed Montague Administrative Complex. Currently, Human Resources, University Communications and the IT departments are located in this complex.