Linda Schinck’s husband, Charles H. “Charlie” Schinck, who died December 8, 2015, obtained the ledger when the mill closed in 1984.
This mill ledger of the Woodside Cotton Mill logged wages distributed to mill employees and other mill expenses. Woodside Cotton Mill, situated at Woodside Avenue and East Main Street, was constructed in 1902 by local grocery merchant John T. Woodside. The mill had 11,000 spindles with direct access to the Southern Railway and the Piedmont Northern Railway. In 1912, the mill boasted 112,000 spindles and was recorded to be the largest cotton mill under one roof in America. By 1925, Woodside Cotton Mill and its surrounding village was dubbed Greenville's primary cotton mill. The mill closed in 1984. The building remains in its original location and plans have been proposed to develop the mill and the surrounding area.