The donor of this collection is unknown. A ledger book belonging to J.S. Hill dated 27 Sep 1876 was added to this collection from Accession 2000-004.
The William D. Simpson Papers that were accessioned with this collection were removed and made a separate collection, Acc. 1987-199.
Post-Bellum rental contracts in the possession of Furman’s Carnegie Library on the downtown campus in 1943 were added to this collection according to the custom at the time, but have been made a separate collection, Acc. 0000-052.