Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Best Bets for Articles
PsycINFO, from the American Psychological Association, contains more than two million citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, all in psychology and related disciplines, dating as far back as 1840. It also includes information about the psychological aspects of related fields such as medicine, sociology, education, linguistics, anthropology, business and law.
PsycARTICLES is an online database containing more than 25,000 searchable full-text articles published by American Psychological Association (APA) and allied organizations.
Social Sciences Full Text
This source indexes a wide variety of sources related to the social sciences including sociology, family studies, public administration, social work, etc.
Annual Reviews Online
Online access to authoritative, analytic reviews published by Annual Reviews in 32 focused disciplines within the Biomedical, Physical, and Social Sciences. SELECT PSYCHOLOGY FROM THE JOURNALS MENU BOX.
ERIC is the world's largest source of education information, with nearly 1 million abstracts of documents and journal articles on education research and practice.
MEDLINE provides medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Searches citations from over 4,800 current biomedical journals. MEDLINE contains all citations published in Index Medicus, and corresponds in part to the International Nursing Index and Index to Dental Literature.
SpringerLink is the world's most comprehensive online collection of scientific, technological and medical journals, books, and reference works published by Springer-Verlag.
Wiley Interscience Journals
Includes the full text of over 290 subscribed titles from Wiley Interscience. Most subscribed titles go back to 1997.
Academic Search Premier
Academic Search Premier is an interdisciplinary database, covering a broad range of subjects. It contains indexing for 8,172 publications, with full text for nearly 4,700 of those titles.
images courtesy of Structural Informatics Group
How do I get the full text of an article from a database?
Full-text articles are available online and in print. Here are the various ways to get to full text articles available from the Furman Libraries.
- If you are looking at the article citation in a database, look for a PDF or HTML icon. Clicking on the PDF or HTML icon will give you the full text of the article.
- If you don't see a PDF or HTML icon, then clicking on the FUll Text icon will automatically start the search process.
- If the full text is available online, you will be provided with a link to the correct database. Often this will take you directly to the article.
- If there is no online option, check to see if we have the journal in print through the catalog. If we do, just note the location details, then go forth and copy!
- If we don't have it online or in print, Interlibrary Loan will get a copy from another library. Clicking this link will populate a request form with the citation information for this article once you login to your account.