Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
African bottle cap
cc licensed flickr photo shared by frankdouwes
Evaluating Website Checklist:
- Who is responsible for the site?
- What are their qualifications?
- With whom are they affiliated?
- Is the site free of spelling and grammatical errors?
- Is documentation provided (a bibliography or reference list)?
- Can the information be verified using another source?
- Is the purpose to inform or persuade?
- Is a bias evident?
- Does the site's sponsor have a vested interest in your thinking a certain way?
- What percentage of the page's links point inward?outward?
- Does the page contain ads? What are they for?
- Is the page dated?
- What does the date mean - last updated or first published?
- Is there mention of how often the site is updated?
- Does the site's content warrant frequent updates?
- Are any of the links out-dated (dead)?
- more info...