ILLiad is the system used to manage Interlibrary loan requests.
New FU users must create an ILLiad account. Once you have an account, use ILLIad to:
- Submit new requests
- Track status of requests
- View electronically received articles
- Submit requests for renewal
Tips for interlibrary loan success:
- Start your research early and give yourself plenty of time to submit ILL requests. We aim for quick turnaround, but there are factors that can sometimes delay the process. Those factors are not always in our control.
- Please review the ILL policies & FAQ before placing your first order so you are familiar with the process.
- Before placing any ILL request, please check the library's online catalog. We may already have what you need.
- Before placing an ILL request for books, please also check the PASCALcat catalog. The book you need may be available somewhere in SC.
- Before placing an ILL request for Articles, check the Ejournals list. The article you need may be accessible electronically from one of the libraries many subscription databases.
- If it seems like your request is taking too long (1 week?), the first thing you should do is check the status of your request via your ILLiad account. You can see if the item has been shipped or not. You should call us so we can investigate. Sometimes there are glitches that need our intervention.