Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Evaluate the following sources using FLaReS
Graphic by Paige Dhyne, Science Librarian at Furman University. CC-BY-ND-SA license. Material adapted from _______________.
Consider the following...
- Their purpose
- Their mission or "about us" section
- Their academic credentials
- Their writing portfolio
- Their personal relationship to the topics
- Inflammatory language
- Sensational language
- Hyperbole or extremes/absolute
- The in-text citation or hyperlinked citations
- Are they citations to other links from the same website? (self-citations)
- Are the links to credible third-party sources?