Who Can Borrow an Ipad?
Only currently enrolled students, faculty and staff of Furman University may borrow an iPad.
Use of iPads is on a first come, first served basis. You may check availability and place a hold on an iPad by stopping by the circulation desk or by calling 864-294-2265. You will be notified by e-mail when one is available.
iPads currently circulate for a two-week period.
What do I Need to Know about Borrowing an iPad?
When you borrow an iPad from the library, you will be asked to fill out and sign an iPad Lending Agreement acknowledging receipt of the iPad and financial responsibility for replacement if it is lost, stolen or damaged.
The patron is responsible for using or creating their own personal iTunes account. Instructions for creating an iPad account are available here and here.
Replacement Costs for Lost or Damaged iPads
- The replacement fee for an iPad is $750.
- replacement fee for iPad charger is $30.00.
- patron will return all equipment on specified due date/time
- failure to return equipment by the due date will result in an overdue fine of $5.00/day
- all equipment must be returned to the James B Duke Library in the same condition in which it was provided
- DO NOT LEAVE iPAD IN BOOKDROP. RETURN TO CIRCULATION DESK AT JAMES B DUKE LIBRARY
- patron is responsible for the replacement cost for equipment that is lost, stolen or damaged. Damages include but are not limited to accidents, neglect, or misuse.
- all electronic equipment and/or accessories are the property of the Furman University Libraries
- patron understands that law enforcement or legal action may be taken for failure to return equipment without proper compensation